i have been following/ reading a brilliant new online magazine called disegno. best described by its author ‘Disegno is a magazine, website and salon dedicated to international architecture, design and fashion. it’s a unique concept that aims to encourage debate and acknowledge the interplay and cross-pollination of these disciplines.’
conceived and founded by johanna agermann ross, a former icon magazine journalist, it has launched in december and is full of delights taking you to some very interesting people, stories, events and a diary suggestions for your cultural education from the field of design.
‘twice a year, disegno releases a printed magazine. this biannual tome is dedicated to key events in architecture, design and fashion over the last six months. it is an essential read and flick for both laymen and professionals and gives a flavour of the current stylistic and intellectual preoccupations of architects, product and fashion designers. disegno employs the best writers and photographers to give in-depth reflections on new buildings, products and garments. the emphasis is on creating a well-crafted and well-researched product that is informative and inspiring. the first issue launched in december 2011.’
one interesting thing that disegno has introduced is ‘salon’ – a series of events that bring further insight into the workings of the industry. the first one organized was hosted at vitra showroom and it had an overview of the new designs for 2011.
the second one was a visit to sunbury workshops – a home to a community of product, furniture and graphic designers, jewelers, an illustrator and a shoe maker as per below:
- simon denzel – product designer
- faudet-harrison – product, furniture, interior, exhibition design
- simon hasan – product designer
- rodrigo solorzano – product designer
- henny van nistlerooy – product designer
- alex hulme – product designer
- felix de pass – product, furniture, interior designer
- marine duroselle – graphic designer
- tomasz donocik – jeweller
- tina lilienthal – jeweller
- shimell and madden – jeweller
- sebastian tarek – show maker
- clara lacy – illustrator
more info here.